Friday, January 29, 2016

Some of my favorite cover songs

In no particular order...

(Click on the artists' names to hear the original and the cover.)

Hold On We're Going Home - Originally by Drake, covered by Lights

I love her sweet voice singing this song, with the chill acoustic guitar. A very different feel from the original. And it's gay!

Unfinished Business - Originally by White Lies, covered by Mumford and Sons

This is one of my favorite Mumford and Sons songs now. I jam pretty hard. I didn't know it was a cover when I first found it. It sounds like something they would write.

Riptide - Originally by Vance Joy, covered by Taylor Swift

The original is great, but Taylor Swift's version highlights her voice perfectly. And it's gay!

Wrecking Ball - Originally by Miley Cyrus, covered by Milky Chance

I think everyone knows the original... No matter your feelings about Miley Cyrus, check out this cover. It's a lot of fun and has a great sound.

Anaconda - Originally by Nicki Minaj, covered by Pekoe

Again, regardless of your opinion on the original, please listen to the cover. I love acoustic covers of raunchy rap songs in general (it's a thing, I promise) and this one is my jam. I learned all the words to Anaconda because of this cover. Oops.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Originally by Tears for Fears, covered by Lorde

I like the original-- I also love how different Lorde's cover is from the original. It brings out some intensity that works well with the lyrics.

Love Is Blindness - Originally by U2, covered by Jack White

This cover gained a lot of fame from the Great Gatsby movie. You might not know the original-- Jack White's cover is lot more intense. I love both versions, and they bring out different aspects of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment