Monday, October 27, 2014

Scandinavian architecture is the best architecture

One of my favorite tumblr blogs that I follow is called subtilitas. This was one of the first blogs I followed, and I absolutely adore its content. It primarily posts architecture pictures, as well as interiors and other design things.

I have a fairly deep appreciation for architecture. I don't necessarily want to be an architect, but I am somewhat emotionally moved by pretty buildings. And I've found that a lot of the architecture that inspires me the most is from Scandinavian countries. So here are some pictures I've compiled from the subtilitas archives to share with you.

From Denmark:






From Finland:


This is a good example of the kind of woodwork that appears to be common in Scandinavian design.



From Iceland:






From Norway:










From Sweden:













The style over all seems to be defined by: angular lines, large windows, paneled wood. This kind of architecture complements the Scandinavian landscape really well. I know next to nothing about architecture, but I still have a deep appreciation for the elegance of this design. And I want to live in all of these houses. It's the aesthetic that I really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment