Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Mob Psycho 100 Season 2: Speculation Check-in 1.

Every three episodes I'm gonna review and revise my speculations... 'cause why not.

Also, isn't this season so amazing? I'll do some kind of actual review once it's over, but. Yeah, I'm loving every second of it.

Episode 1 did include the Roots case; in fact it was the cold open. The rest of the episode was the Emi mini-arc. It did not include the omake where Tsubomi goes to Spirits & Such. This was such a great first episode. I loved the decision to start with the Roots Case. This gave us Mob's first line: "Again, can you not summon me on such short notice?" to mirror his opening line in season 1: "Master, I asked you not to summon me on such short notice." Hilarious.

Episode 2 was the Urban Legends arc, as we knew it would be. The only major change from the manga was that the Kuchisake-onna was changed to the Dragger, who was a similar spirit overall. I'm not clear on the reason for this; the Kuchisake-onna is a real urban legend in Japan on par with Bloody Mary when it comes to cultural awareness. Some have said that the reason is that the Kuchisake-onna is copyrighted; others have said it was too gory for the anime so had to be toned down. Either way, the change was fine as it still got the same points across as in the manga.

Episode 3: The only twist from this episode was that the bullying scene from the beginning of Mogami arc was moved up to the middle of this episode to separate the two parts of the Ghost Family case. This was a great decision and helped the pacing a lot.


Revisions to my speculations:

Episode 4: It will not include the bullying scene since that was in Episode 3. They will probably skip the invitation thing entirely and just show Reigen and Mob on the train on their way there. Based on the title of this episode ("Inside"), I think that it will go up to the point that Mob enters to mind world. Splitting it here definitely means that Mogami arc will only be two episodes.

Episodes 5-7: No changes to my earlier predictions.

Episode 8: This is where the omake with Tsubomi going to Spirits & Such will be. I'm sure of it. It will lengthen this episode which will also include the marathon and Mob seeing smoke coming from his home.

Episodes 9-12: No changes to my earlier predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment